Nicole Richie juggles family, fashion and new novel

Nicole Richie chatted to USA Today about her new novel, fashion, Twitter and her literary role models. Here's the interview:
Q: Your new novel Priceless follows your best seller The Truth About Diamonds.But it's not a sequel, right?
A: No, it's not. I like to close one chapter and start fresh.

Q: What's your writing routine? Early in the morning? Late at night?
A: I wake up at 5:45 and the rest of the family gets up at 7, so I have an hour in the morning. And then I have time after 7 at night to write and calm down.

Q: Do you work with anyone?
A: No, I write all my own stories.

Q: What are you reading right now?
A: I wish I were reading something. Everyone tells me about a few books I should read, but I'm rereading Tuesdays with Morrie right now. It's one of my favorites, and it's comforting to read something I've already read.

Q: Who are your literary role models? Jackie Collins? Danielle Steel?
A: Danielle Steel has been a huge mentor of mine. I look up to her. I'm lucky just to have five minutes with her. She told me not to write a sequel. She told me writing takes time and I might not be in the same place in a few years.

Q: What's next? Another novel?
A: I'm waiting to be done with my book tour first and then I can get into another creative chapter.

Q: You're a Virgo. Is that how you can have so many balls in the air at once?
A: I'm very organized. I love a good list. It's the nerd side of me. I like to be busy.

Q: Still a big Twitterer?
A: I am! It's a great way to connect with those who support my dreams and to tell them what's going on.

Q: Speaking of that, is there a sitcom in production? Will Diamonds be a TV series?
A: Not right now.

Q: Tell us about your Chuck episode which airs Oct. 4. You're back from last year! Still fighting?
A: We just wrapped that up. They had to up the ante this time around after last year's fight scene. It's longer and more intense this time. I even hurt my shoulder. It was an amazing experience.

Q: You have two fashion lines. Anything else coming down the pike?
A: We're expanding into eyewear and handbags in the spring of 2011.

Q: So, the world wants to know when you and your fiance, singer Joel Madden, are going to get married.
A: They'll just have to wait and find out.

Q: How are the kids, daughter Harlow and son Sparrow?
A: They're great. Wonderful.

Q: You've admitted you were given too much as a young child. Are you trying not to repeat that with your own children?
A: My parents were great and they gave me their heart and soul. I have to look up to them and hope to do the same, to be the best of me.

Q: Have you been in contact with your old pal and colleague, Paris Hilton?
A: I don't speak about her.
Bookmark and   Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...